Please submit your application to the attention of Tonya Vance (email@example.com). The application should include:
- An application letter from the potential trainee (1-2 pages) articulating a) their previous research experience, b) commitment to a career in cancer nanotechnology-related research and c) a brief research proposal describing how their thesis research and/or career will benefit from cross-disciplinary training in cancer nanotechnology.
- The current Curriculum Vitae of the applicant
- All College/University transcripts
- A letter of support from the mentor recommending the candidate and outlining a potential co-mentoring plan for the trainee
- contact information for two additional references that may be contacted by the Steering Committee
Responsibilities of the Postdoctoral Trainee:
- Postdoctoral Trainees will be required to take courses or workshops necessary to fill gaps in their previous training.
- Postdoctoral Trainees will be expected to participate in CNTC seminars and outreach activities.
- The co-mentors for each Postdoctoral Trainee and the Mentoring and Development Committee, together with the Postdoctoral Trainee, will develop an individualized education and training plan. Grant writing will be included in the training and Fellows will be expected to prepare a grant application prior to the end of their first year of support. Support for a second year will be based on this application.